inquiry 030399a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 030399a
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 07:56:19 -0500
Rob Kempinski wrote:
>My tiger came with the license plate mounted on the bottom of the trunk
lid
>just above the handle.  I'm not sure if I like it.  Has anyone tried
mounting
>the license plate on or below the bumper.  I'm thinking about piggy
backing
>off of the license plate light mounting screws and making a bracket
that
>places the plate over the middle of the rear bumper.

I had the holes in my decklid closed up when the paint & bodywork were
done on the Garage Queen, and I didn't want to poke any new holes.
Instead I fabricated a short L-shaped bracket that attached to the 2
bolts that hold the fuel crossover pipe in place. Works fine for me, I
don't mind the plate being a bit low, I do sometimes scrape the pavement
with my CAT plate frame (came with the car, I wonder how old it is?).
YMMV.

Chris Thompson wrote:
>speaking of front license plate holders, does anybody have one for
sale?
(SNIP)
> I won't drill a hole
>in my car where it didn't already have one (?), so I really want an
original
>plate holder.  any help will be appreciated!

Again, I wanted a no-holes solution, and my aftermarket valence didn't
come with holes in it. So, I fabricated a long T-shaped bracket that
attached with a single bolt to the handcrank hole in the radiator
support and passed through the equivalent hole in the valence.

I picked up the crossmember from getting Maganfluxed last night. Before
getting any reinforcing done, I want to check the dimensions. The tech
hints describe measuring the distance between the shock towers (28 and a
fraction inches) but the drawing leaves room for interpretation due to
the lines on the drawing. Do I measure the exact distance to the
outermost ends of these rounded-end parts, or do I measure from some
imaginary points that the shock towers would have if there had
squared-off corners? I think I'll find mine's borderline, this will make
a big difference.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP