Re: Front suspension bushings

To: "Andy Walker" <awtiger@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Front suspension bushings
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 23:02:48 -0800
At 12:18 AM 3/7/99 -0600, you wrote: ...
>I have a new question now; please pardon me if this has already been
>discussed to death.  Does anybody sell urethane upper and lower A-arm
>bushings for Tigers?  Upon inspection today, I find that my original style
>bushings are looking a bit tired and I believe I would like to try some
>urethane bushings if they're available.  Anybody know where a fella could
>pick up some of those?

        Rick at SS is expecting his first shipment of  A-Arm urethane bushings
within a couple of months.  I assembled the prototype set recently and they
seem to "fit" better than most of the older rubber bushings that have been
available.  I don't know for sure what the exact specs for production
bushings will be at this time, but the design of the prototypes was to have
the urethane pivoting or rotating on the inner metal sleeve and bonded to
the outer sleeve.  Because of this design, I elected to drill the A-Arms
and bushings for grease fittings to provide for lubrication and reduce the
tendency for this bushing pivot surface to rust.  This procedure will be
issued as a Tech Tip in Tiger Tracks as soon as Rick has a firm delivery
date.  I expect him to enclose copies or excerpts of this Tip with the
bushing sets.

        Tom Hall