Re: Right angle oil adapter

To: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Subject: Re: Right angle oil adapter
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 08:48:50 -0800

Dave Binkley wrote:

> Ok, what am I missing here?  I ordered up the Ford Motorsport right angle
> oil filter adapter (M-6880-A50).  Went to put it on the block today before
> the crossmember went back in and I'm obviously missing a part.  The right
> angle adapter is expecting the threaded nipple that would normally be
> sticking out of the block where an oil filter would normally spin on.  What
> do I need to get??
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dave

Dave:

You are missing some parts!  The M-6880-A-50 comes in a box with ALL the
necessary fittings to attach to the block, including a part that screws right
on the filter mount hole, the adapter, and the external "bolt" that holds the
filter to the adapter in the block.  If you have a previous adapter in the
block, as used in short cartridge conversions, it must be replaced by the one
in the kit.  O rings are also included.

Sounds like you got an incomplete set.

BTW: Do NOT forget to file/grind off the corner of the motor mount bracket
that points right at the filter.  It can puncture the filter can if your
mounts are a little tires and the motor rocks on acceleration too much.  This
is simple enough to do BEFORE you bolt in the adapter.

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >