Re: Who got the rights?

To: CMeinel464@aol.com
Subject: Re: Who got the rights?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:53:26 -0500
At 07:35 PM 1999-03-15 EST, Curt Meinel wrote:
>As far as parts are concerned both Rick at Sunbeam Specialties and myself
>(Classic Sunbeam), have remade many parts over the years.  Since Sunbeam like
>most British cars used many subcontractors such as Girling, Lucas,
Lockheed, I
>would think you would have to check each individual item for patent
>infringements.

Well, patent infringements aren't the problem:  the issue is that of
copyright and trademark.  As the trademarks haven't been used for many a
year, they are probably all lapsed by now.  The copyright might be a
tougher issue but, under US law, at least, you probably don't need
permission to reproduce a Rootes Group publication.

A quick message to Peugeot should resolve this, in any event.  I cannot
believe they would object, after thirty years, to the reproduction of
Rootes Group material.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!