No Go.

To: TigerList <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: No Go.
From: crimmins@pacbell.net
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 18:46:32 -0800
Greetings
I'm learning about automotive mechanics as I go here.  I have a tiger
that does not want to go into any gear but third.  It was fine and now
it is not.  Lost one gear at a time starting with first and then fourth
was last to go.  Third still functions.  I have the car up on jack
stands. I checked the fluid level in the fomoco four speed. OK.
Disconnected the linkage from the tranny. All of the tranny levers move
about an inch and a quarter or so.  That would be the straight line
through two points on the arc of the circumference of the circle. I
think the term is the "chord".  Anyway, the shifter moves well when the
linkage is removed. The tranny levers move ok. I'm totally confused
here.  Probably the clutch is bad.  Comments??  Help!!!

Dennis Crimmins