inquiry 031699a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 031699a
From: "Wright, Larry" <lrw@aop.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 07:24:18 -0500
Jeff Hacker wrote:
>   I have acquired a Series 2 Alpine parts car(rolling chassis).
>(SNIP) no title available (SNIP) It was stripped of all chrome
>trim and interior (SNIP)only the engine block (SNIP) No
>glass present. (SNIP)hardtop present, basically just the shell
>though.(SNIP) $100.

Gee, Jeff, "parts car" usually implies that there are still some parts
left. :^)

Beau wrote:
>     I've had no luck personally with Mo-Ma rebuilts.  I personally had
my
>tachometer & speedometer rebuilt by Nossenger in upstate New York.

Any chance of your having address/phone #/e-mail/website handy for the
group? I bethca I'm not the only one who has saved Mo-Ma's phone # off
the List for future reference; if there's an alternative, well...

Dennis Crimmins wrote:
>I'm learning about automotive mechanics as I go here.  I have a tiger
>that does not want to go into any gear but third.  It was fine and now
>it is not.  Lost one gear at a time starting with first and then fourth

Dennis, I saved the following post from last year for my files, it
looked useful for future reference. Maybe it'll help you, maybe not.
Note: forwarded without the original author's permission.

>Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 06:54:24 -0800 (PST)
>From: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>
>Subject: Re: FW: Stuck in 4th
>   Perry,
>    Jack the front or rear of the car up and support it, crawl under
>it with a light and a pair of channel lock pliers a 9/16 wrench and a
>pair of needle nose. The 3rd 4th shift ear is the farthest forward on
>the tranny the reverse is in the middle and 1st second is the rear one.

>Make sure reverse and 1st 2nd are centered and not partially engaged
>as this will lock the shifter. If you wiggle 1st/2nd and rev you should

>be able to free up 4th. Good luck.
>Bill
>   On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Sobol, Perry wrote:
>> Driving home last night I found out that I was unable to shift out of
4th
>> gear. Pushing the clutch in does disengage the tranny but the shifter
is
>> impossible to move.
>> I have realized that it must come out but there is a ramp to get into
the
>> shop. Fourth gear is to high to get the beast up the ramp and into
the shop.
>> Are there any tricks to get the tranny into a lower gear or should I
expect
>> pulling the tranny in the yard.
>> Perry

Lawrence R. Wright