Re: Shelby Series I (no Tiger content??)

To: Fordzrus@aol.com
Subject: Re: Shelby Series I (no Tiger content??)
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:34:57 -0800
Bo, Bill, et Listers,

Gee Bo, you saying ol' Shel can't be trusted to tell us the truth?? Can we
even believe the prices Bill was quoted??? At those prices, I'll take one
of each. As for McCluskey, I suspect there are a lot of ostensibly
"original" Cobras driving around with those same McCluskey frames Shelby
"found". BTW, Bill, what's the price for those bitchin aluminum bodies that
are being made at the MIG factory in Poland? I'll bet they're a whole lot
straighter than the ones being pounded out with hammers by the inmates at
the Nevada State Prison!!

P.S., These days it's getting very hard to separate fact from fantasy and
urban legend.

Amused in San Diego,

Bob

At 11:42 AM 3/18/99 -0500, Fordzrus@aol.com wrote:
>are you aware that those "frames found in an old warehouse" were later found
>to have been built by Mike McCluskey (who readily tells all that he built
>them) in Southern CA a year or so before they were "found" and that my idol
>(Shelby) got in trouble with the DMV over that whole issue?

and from Bill Martin,

>To Bo and the rest,
>

> I was at Shelbys on March 2nd, took the tour etc, The prices I was quoted
> on the Olds v8 Shelby series 1 was 107K, they have sold 300 of 500 so
> far. The price on the csx4000 series cobra was about 52k for a roller
> less motor and trans, about 85k in SC turnkey. There is an FIA car in the
> works at shelby as well. The aluminum bodies are an extra 20k or so.
> Bill

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com