Re: O.D. Top loader

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: O.D. Top loader
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 23:18:15 -0500
At 09:32 AM 3/19/99 -0800, you wrote:

>Otherwise you will have drive shaft length issues, and if you go to a
>nonstop loader body (SROD) the rear motor mounts may be located in a
>different position (???).
>Steve Laifman < One first kiss,          >
Steve,
        The SROD transmission mount is the same distance from the
front of the transmission as the Tiger II transmission.  I moved the
motor back to make up for the shorter tailpiece and as a result I had to
move the transmission mounting bracket back as well.  This is in the V
of the X member so the mounting bracket has to be cut and rewelded.
The passenger side 3/8" plate welded to the V of the X member is too short so
another plate must be welded in.  New tapped bolt holes are also
needed.
        Recommend that anyone using a transmission with a short
tail piece simply have a new drive shaft fabricated.  It takes
a lot of work to move the motor/transmission back. ( but it can be done).

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others