No Sunbeams

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: No Sunbeams
From: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@www.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 23:10:29 -0600
Went to the British Car Day in New Orleans.  TIGGER was all cleaned up
and ready to go, but the skies were threatening and the forecast wasn't
good.  The thought of driving 125 miles (each way) in bad weather didn't
appeal to me, so I left TIGGER home (yeah, I'm a wimp) and took the
family van.  The weather in New Orleans was pretty good, but the turnout
wasn't great: mostly MG's of all types, a few Triumphs (nearly all
Spitfires), some Sprigets and 2 lonely Bug Eyed Sprites, 4 XK-E's and a
equal number of Bentleys, half a dozen 3000's, one Mini, one Europa, a
DB-6 along with a newer Aston.  That was about it.  Not a Sunbeam in
sight and nothing I'd trade my Tiger for.  Kind of disappointing
overall.  BTW, not a drop of rain all day and clear blue skies by the
time I got home!

Jim Pickard
B9473298