Re: Corroless Stinks - literally

To: alpines@autox.team.net, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Corroless Stinks - literally
From: ZUKPJ86@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 06:09:28 EST
In a message dated 3/24/99 11:18:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com writes:

<<
 I have treated in inside rear fenders under my gas tanks with Corroless
 rust treatment.  I was planning on leaving the exposed Corroless as the
 finish and put my fuel system back together.  My garage has a "chemical
 smell' which is probably a mixture of lots of things but I seem to remember
 someone on the list talking about the smell generated by Corroless and not
 wanting to treat the trunck because of the odor.  Does this stuff stop
 emitting fumes after a reasonable amount of time or should I top coat it
 with something?  I don't plan on repainting the car for at least a year.  I
 would hate to spray paint over this stuff only to have to sand it off later
 when I put on a "Real" paint job.

 Chris

I sprayed it in the same place  as well as in the frame channels. My car is
completely opened up. No trunk lid etc. I'd say it outgassed for a good month
, here in the humid and chilly northeast. My garage had that restoration shop
air about it..ha

I also mixed about 5% mineral spirits with it to aid in spraying, so not sure
how much was due to this.
I haven't painted over any of it yet, but it seems like you might want to give
this stuff a long time to cure before doing so, maybe several months.....

Paul in damp and chilly PA