Re: Studs

To: lon@sedona.net (Lon Walters), tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Studs
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 1999 17:38:09 -0800 (PST)
>OK..I haven't the finest mechanical insight, but there must be an easy way
>to replace a broken stud on the rear hub...old one is drilled out and new
>one is a bit too long to squeeze in (it's a stock replacement)..ideas
>plzzzz...many thanks.

Lon:
I tried every way I could to get that stud in but finally had to pull the
rear hub.  While I was at it I changed all the studs on the hub.  I was
lucky a friend had a hub puller but you should be able to rent one at a
good rental company.  You want to keep the axle nut on because the puller
will deform the end of the axle a little and you will never be able to put
that nut back on.  So If you lossen it but leave it on you can then remove
it after the hub is lossened and it will chase the threads on the end of
the axle for you.  Hope this helps
regards Armand

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie