MWOOD re: coil over rear

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: MWOOD re: coil over rear
From: "Waybright, Stephen" <Stephen.Waybright@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 10:54:14 -0500
Mike & listers,
  Just catching up on last weeks list mail. Noticed the questions regarding
coil over rear suspension, and Ken Mattice's in particular. As Ken pointed
out, Bruce Griggs did his car retaining the leaf springs and that there were
two other cars with coil overs versions of same. I have one of those two if
you have any questions. It's not on the road yet. Still at the restoration
shop with much left to do, working off the last of the funds I have
available for the project. Looks like I'll be getting it back to finish
myself unless I can sell my Jensen Interceptor soon :-(.

Aside from the Griggs coil over rear suspension, I have a ton of Dale's
front suspension stuff, 11" Willwood disc kit up front and the rear disc kit
, T-5 conversion utilizing the AMC tailshaft housing and 0.80:1 fifth gear
on the way (Dan & Mark, is it shipping soon???). Also using 3.31 Power Lok
rear from Team Tiger and a new 302 built to >350 HP (by John Hamilton),
which will be on a chassis dyno as soon as possible to confirm. A lot of
reinforcement up front, mostly from existing tech tips, but a few new
additions here and there. Should be a blast if I can get it done!

Side note: Don't necessarily believe it when a guy who does $how & mu$eum
re$toration$ says he can work down to a street driven level restoration. He
likely has no concept of what that is. I have a hand formed steel LAT hood
replica to prove it and one of Tiger Technologies nice fiberglass LAT hoods
left over as a result. If interested in the TT LAT hood, let me know, I
don't think I'm going to use it on my Alpine. It's still in the box ready to
ship! (Jeff, you have any customers waiting???)

Steve Waybright
Tiger Mk.I
Alpine S-IV
Jensen Healey