Re: Woodwork

To: kevnmeek@netcom.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Woodwork
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1999 22:26:19 EDT

>I have a new piece of walnut veneer that I want to glue to
>my existing dashboard.  I had planned to use wood glue, but
>what about contact cement?  That would be a lot easier for me,
>but I'm wondering about how it will stand up over time...
>what do you think?
Contact cement will work fine.  Cover both sides and follow the directions on
the car.  Make sure you get some finish on the wood, but allow at least a few
days for the solvents in the contact cement to  evaporate.

I prefer wood glue, but to do wood glue, you need to make some sort of press.
 A few years ago, I wrote about this and Mark Olson put the write up on his
web page under Tech Tips.

Rob Kempinski
Melbourne Fl