Ducati

To: MWood24020@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Ducati
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 14:09:51 -0700
Mike, Paul, et Listers,

A casual Web search quickly turns up numerous Ducati links. Perhaps the
best place to start is

                http://www.ducati.com/

and

                http://www.ducatiusa.com/

The latter one features the Desmodromic valve train design unique to Ducati
engines, which is shown in their home page, and in more detail at

                http://www.ducatiusa.com/ducframe.htm

Looks like a very cleaver system that doesn't use any springs. Can we have
them make us some heads for our Windsor V8s???

Bob

At 04:10 PM 4/11/99 -0400, MWood24020@aol.com wrote:

><< I'm a dummy - what's a ducati? >>
>
>Paul-
>Now that you have received the humorous responses, I'll answer your question.
>A Ducati is an Italian motorcycle, historically known for their desmodromic
>heads. Consider a Ducati the two wheel equivalent of a Ferrari and you will
>be close. They have experienced a recent surge in popularity due to the fact
>that the new 748 and 916 models are about the best sport bikes money can buy
>(bring a fair amount of money, like $13,500-15,000) and that Ducati is
>winning regularly in Superbike racing.
>Mike

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com