RE: Amen

To: "Almjeld, Paul" <PaAlmjel@dwu.edu>
Subject: RE: Amen
From: johnc@nait.ab.ca
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 15:25:20 GMT
Lets get back to some TIGER stuff:
Jim B. stated a while back that he had purchased and accelerometer. I
wonder what his results were with the 351/SROD. Has anybody else tried an
accelerometer?
How about posting your 0 - 60 time, 1/4 mile time and 1/4 mile speed?
List your engine, trans. and gear ratio.
The accelerometer says that my TIGER runs:
0-60: 8.01 sec.
1/4 mi: 16.00 sec. flat
1/4 mi. speed 86 MPH
I have a 289 with Holly 600, torker intake, 302 heads; 30% SROD Trans., and
a 2:88 final ratio.

I only borrowed the instrument and got to do 3 runs. It was addictive. I
was sure that with practice I could shave these a fair bit.
Also I need a better final drive. How do I calculate what ratio would be
15% lower than 2:88?
Godspeed
Jc