Sunbeam Stuff, Clubs, and the net

To: Tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunbeam Stuff, Clubs, and the net
From: Chris.S.Mottram@ecc.com
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 10:14:06 -0400
I spent 8 hours in my truck on Friday going to and from Huntsville Alabama
to pick up a front cap for my Tiger.  I met Bill Gullat (from this list)
who is the great guy that gave me the parts. (Thanks!)  I have purchased
lots of Sunbeam stuff over the net and through connections on the net
(including my Tiger) and have always been pleased.  The mailing lists keeps
the Sunbeam level in my blood pretty high, much more so than my TE/AE
membership or newsletter.  I will stay a member though because I still
enjoy the newsletter and the club events.  If we were to consolidate all
Rootes Clubs in the US and use the list as the main driver, I think it
would be difficult for the techno-illiterate.  There is also a lot of
volume on the lists which would probably overwhelm some who are not THAT
interested.  What would probably be required is a monthly summary of the
list postings with the chit chat removed (I like the chit chat).  As a
start, the summarized postings could be used, as needed, to flesh out the
local clubs newsletters.  I do see some references in the Rootes Review
from time to time.  For me, the list stuff included in the newsletter is a
re-run.  I am sure it is very useful for others.

I'll shut up now.

Chris