Re: Not so hot continued

To: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Not so hot continued
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 03 May 1999 16:21:15 -0700
Jim,

As Einstein used to say, "If the data doesn't fit the theory (his theory of
course), then the data must be wrong!" I wonder how much improvement your
better mounting technique would have on John's times and speeds?

As for "double clutching", of course you shouldn't have to do that on
upshifts. In fact, some people I know don't even bother to use the clutch
at all; just power shift that sucker with the throttle foot planted firmly
on the floor.

Bob

At 06:33 PM 5/3/99 -0400, James Barrett wrote:
>Folks,
>        Today on the way to work( in traffic) I did
>a slight acceleration, less than 3/4 throttle.  I was
>monitoring the Gtech Pro at the time.  The HP reading
>maxed at 226.  This is contrary to the "balls to the wall"
>blast I did on Sunday which showed 114 HP.
>        Well I believe I have found the problem.

snip, snip, snip . . . .

>The problem is on the up shift, I know enough to double clutch on the
>down shifts.  I would prefer not to have to double clutch on the
>up shifts.
>

>James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com