Carb Question??

To: "'Tiger BBS'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb Question??
From: "Overton, Keith A." <Keith.Overton@alcoa.com>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 10:19:13 -0400
I have a double pumper...(single feed from front) carb with a FoMoCo Tag
(on front) I think it is a 650cfm?? not sure?  The secondary flys do not
open, when I give it throttle, Is there supposed to be a spring which
places pressure on the the butterfly  (lower right rear side of the
carb)?

If so, how is this attached the cam which links the secondary butterfly
with the accelerator pump on the back of the carb It has no attachment
for a spring?

Or is there an internal (coil type) spring which accomplishes this?

Or am I clueless?

Thanks
Keith
67 Tiger