INQUIRY 051299C

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: INQUIRY 051299C
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:06:02 -0400
        I'm just now getting caught up on my digests, from having been
in San Diego from the morning of the 4th until just before midnight last
night.
        SD seems to be a car freak's paradise in general, and
just-the-place for Tiger activity in particular. Dick Barker invited me
by on Monday evening "to get a couple of the Sunbeam owners together".
It turned out there were six Tigers there that night, and this was on a
weeknight; I'm trying to imagine such a spur-of-the-moment event here in
the East, not likely except in some High Tiger Density area like central
PA or perhaps Florida. The hospitality of Dick and Anne Barker was truly
-- and I know I tend to overuse the word -- heartwarming. My thanks to
Dick, and indeed everyone that showed up. I'll be back.
        Fortunately, e-mail requires no hearing, and mine is just now
back to normal [  :^)  ], having been in the garage when Dick fired the
Le Mans car up. I had never realized that I enjoyed "classical music"
before, it's just that the ideal instrument for it might be by Brian
Lister and not Stradivarius. To stretch an analogy further, the 2nd &
3rd chairs weren't bad either; each Tiger "playing a solo" as it left at
WOT. More pressure on me to replace my exhaust system with something
more, er, melodious. Anyway, anyone even in the same time zone is really
missing something if they don't get a chance to see this car. Betcha it
didn't look as good when _new_.
        Sorry I missed the thread on marque acronyms, at least the
better parts; this, I recall, passed by the List a couple years back. I
didn't see Got a Mechanic Coming, or Always a Mechanic Coming, in the
listings. Too easy, anyway. Let's see somebody come up with something
for Studebaker, Stanguellini or Justicalista.
        Picking up the crossmember and other bits from the powder coater
tomorrow; I should have more of "underneath" by Monday or so to share.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
larry.wright@usop.com (new)