inquiry 051499a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 051499a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 07:28:52 -0400
Various subjects:

I didn't realize that the new upper ball joints do not come with a new
snap ring to retain them. The old ones might clean up OK, but I wouldn't
might replacing them. I've been led to understand that they are a
'standard' snap ring, referred to by a numeric size (like "a number ten
ring" or something). Anyone else replace theirs? Know the size? Or a
source?

I heard back from this Karps place about a Midland booster for the
brakes. Still not convinced I should get one; but am more sure all of
the time I won't be putting an OEM unit in there. Karps quotes $360, the
model # is SC134, and I'm waiting to hear back what the boost ratio is.
Comments welcome.

Chris wrote:
>My Tiger "floats" at 70mph.  Did you see any
>improvement at lower speeds? Was is very noticeable?
>I see lots of new cars with various black plastic
>airdams underneath that I don't think would
>look too bad under a Sunbeam.

I have seen, at various times, references to 'spoilers' intended for the
Datsun 240Z and the Mazda RX-3 being able to fit Tigers. Now,
considering the age of the cars involved, these were probably "chin
spoilers" that are _not_ perpendicular to the ground, but jut out at an
angle. Perhaps "air dams" for the same application might work. My
favorite type was the short vertical dam with a flexible rubber skirt
attached, you could get one really close to pavement and still not worry
about it scraping the ground. As recently as a couple of years ago, J.C.
Junk listed these for older sporty cars, maybe they still do.

Roland wrote:
>BTW, before buying those special check-valve bleeders,
>make sure they will work.

I just saw these in a catalog from "Jegs" a neighbor gave me. They list
various thread sizes; anyone know the thread size(s) for Tigers?

James Barrett wrote:
>When your Tiger is fixed correctly, you should be able to peg
>that speedometer (140 MPH+) with your foot.

Not unless you sit much further back in the car, or are much more
flexible, than me. Anyway, I'd think that Mo-Ma or some other instrument
service could get you a new glass lens.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP