Re: Funny Tiger Moment..(ther smogger)

To: Armand & Lorie Ritchie <ritchie@mcn.org>
Subject: Re: Funny Tiger Moment..(ther smogger)
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 07:56:22 -0700
Armand & Lorie Ritchie wrote:

> It was about 1968 and a friend had an old chevy sedan,1950 I
> think it was.  He decided he was going to protest the war in his own way,
> so he made up a brew of gas, oil and some other ingredients I don't
> remember, he then would drive his car around the college and with an old
> plastic squeeze bottle he would squirt this stuff into his motor through
> the vacuum line that went to the windshield wipers. ---

> regards Armand

Armand,

When I was frolicking in school, a few years before that, we had a model T spark
coil in a wood box that Pep Boys still stocked. It contained a vibrator and a
coil to spark continuously when hit with 6 volts in.  This was put under the car
and wired to a spark plug mounted in a Pep Boys chrome exhaust tip.  After
winding out in second to about 50, (3 speed, and that's as fast as she'd go) we
shut off the ignition, with the pedal floored, and turned on the spark coil.  30
feet of flame would come whooshing out the exhaust, along with a horrific blast
of sound.  Scared the hell out of the guys we just past, and lit up the sky.

This was great fun, till the raw gas was greeted by a very hot muffler. We got
our big bang, OK, and the muffler split wide open.  Oh well, it was dad's
muffler
anyway.  {9->

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/