Communication problems: you can't win

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Communication problems: you can't win
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:32:59 -0400
     If I broadcast a message over this network from work, there are a few
     folks, who use Win98 and Outlook, that receive a paragraph of
     ######### in place of my text.  If I send directly to them, no
     problem, they can read it fine.

     So, this weekend I sent something from home.  Problem free?  Not
     exactly.  It seems that when some people tried to reply, they got
     "bounce" messages, saying that my address does not exist, or something
     similar.  Looking at the digest, I can see that the reported source
     address in my message, "sbrennan@master.ncounty.net", is not my home
     address.  My home address that works is "sbrennan@ncounty.net".  It
     looks like the "master" gets added in by the ISP as it goes out.  I
     shall speak to them about that.

     Stu

     Stu