Re: Throttle Cables

To: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Throttle Cables
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 09:38:53 -0600
Hey Steve,

You wrote:
> The two lengths are
for 2 barrel (stock) and 4 barrel carbs.  They must be longer for the 4
barrel, or you'll be putting tension in the cable at WOT and break it. <

Sooo.... Likely my cable was for a 2V, heh? I wondered at the time why
it let go as both my sheath (I love it when you talk dirty) and wire
looked in good shape, except of course, for being somewhat broken.

In fairness to the cable I gotta admit that I have recently been using
that WOT position a good bit more than is my wont. A couple of weeks ago
I took Kowalski (yep, same fella who carries tools) for his first ride
in a Tiger and, since he had just purchased a '95 Vette, I hadda make
the ride a good one even though it was a short one. That is the hardest
I've driven Tigger from a standstill but it was well worth it,
especially since everything held together, for which I am eternally
grateful. Wouldn't that have been embarrassing, do a big ol' burn out,
then snap the cable when going to second? Ooooh!

It was bad enough as it was...

Thanks for the info on getting the new cable installed correctly. Guess
who will be the guy helping me install it? Yep, ol' Kowalski. At least
that is how it will be, assuming that by the time I get the cable
Kowalski's lovely wife, Cheryl, will let him come over to my house...

Cheers!

--Colin