Re: Red grease source

To: Keith.Overton@alcoa.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Red grease source
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:28:58 -0700 (PDT)
>Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 17:59:19 -0400
>From: "Overton, Keith A." <Keith.Overton@alcoa.com>
>Subject: Red grease source
>
>In the Process of Rebuilding my Clutch this past weekend I found an
>Auto-parts store which actually had both Slave and Master (Lucas) kits
>on the shelf  Imagine that!  Well, I noted the Red grease, and asked the
>guy behind the counter about a Source.  He showed me a bunch of packets,
>which came frome Moss Motors, He said they where Lockheed, but they
>where the same, and readily availble. Isn't Lockheed part of Lucas
>again?
>Keith A. Overton

If anyone has a contact for Lockheed, I would be interested in it.  I'm
NOT looking for a parts distributor.

Maybe this already came up on this list, but a source for Red grease
is H.D. Rogers & Sons.

 H.D. Rogers & Sons
 3418 Barksdale Blvd.
 Bossier City LA 71112 USA
 (318) 742-3651 phone (M-F 8-5:30 CST, some Sat.)
 (318) 742-5044 fax (best times at night)
 hdrsons@iamerica.net

Eight or nine years ago I found new Girling brake and clutch MCs for my
Cobra sitting on a shelf at a local race shop (Frey Racing, Mountain
View, CA).  They even had Red grease for ~$11 a tube, though the tubes
were pretty big.  Rogers' price is $3.50/tube, but I don't know the
size- probably one of those dinky tubes Girling used to put in their
kits.

When I was at Frey Racing a few months back there where still a couple
Girling MCs on the shelf, but I don't know what they were for.  They
obviously hadn't re-stocked since I'd bought mine.  I think they are
just leaving them out until they are sold off.  I beleive the price was
even the same as what I paid for mine- $60.  No Red grease this time,
though.

Roland