Re: list lurker uncovered

To: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Subject: Re: list lurker uncovered
From: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 07:11:33 -0700 (PDT)

  Colin you crack me up!

 Since everyone is getting there tigers out on the road, I had a very
strange problem the other day. My Tiger started giving alittle ping ping
ping when leaving stoplights and it didn't feel strong over 110mph. The
thing used to keep pulling till I would get skeard. I got home from work
one night and dug through me new oversize toolbox and couldn't find my
timing light. It's in storage with all my other goodies, so off to Sears
and bought a new one with the dial in advance, got home plugged in and
bam! 30 degrees initial, Im like WTF I know I had this at 12 deg last time
it was checked. I yanked the cap and grabbed the rotor and it didn't move
so I twisted hard and broke it loose. What had happened is the car sat
outside after me and the X split up last November and the moisture got to
the advance cam and weights, I pulled the advance cam out and cleaned off
all the rust, put it back together and it's back to running perfect. Sorry
for the long story but I thought I would share it since we are just now
getting some tiger weather and these little weird things happen.
have a great day
Bill