Cool running Tiger???

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Cool running Tiger???
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 23:49:48 EDT
My trip to the SAAC Spring Fling in Nashville, IN was
a great tune up for the voyage to SUNI.  I replaced my
fan belt the night before I left.  My old belt was 14 years
old and beginning to shriek loudly.  And much to my
surprise, my Tiger is now running 15 to 20 degrees
cooler.  Imagine running in heavy stop and go traffic with
the gauge reading 175.  With the old belt, it always ran
about 190.

Could it be that the old belt was slipping so much that
it wasn't driving the water pump enough??

Driving back at 70 mph on the interstate saw the same
temp 170-175.  In fact during a heavy rain it dropped
even lower.  Can a Tiger be too cold?

Dave