Re: Wobble Wobble Wobble

To: "Daniel S. Eiland" <daniel@htg.net>
Subject: Re: Wobble Wobble Wobble
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 22:16:31 -0600
Daniel wrote:

> The tires are at least 13 to 15 yrs
old, and I'm wondering if it is the tires. Can anyone give me some input

into some possible causes. <

Hey Daniel,

Being a long time Morganist, I have considerable experience with front
end shimmy in its many forms and manifestations... There is, trust me on
this, nothing that will take the pucker out of your pooter faster than
having the dreaded "Morgan shake" suddenly manifiest itself at around 95
mph. Scared to brake, scared to accelerate... all you can do is hold and
try to remember if your plot is paid for.

Right off the bat I would bet your shimmy is the result of old tires
with flat spots from sitting too long. It is sort of like the tires
have--in Tiger terms--indexed themselves to the ground... Also, they are
probably overinflated to boot.

Cheers!

--Colin