Re: Tach hookup

To: "Colley, Chuck" <Chuck.Colley@wang.com>,
Subject: Re: Tach hookup
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 16:35:36 -0700
Chuck,

If you've got the stock set-up I could offer you
some of my experience with that installation.

1)  Keep all the 'old pieces' in the trunk "just in
case".
2) Follow the directions.
3) If your original distributor has the small holes
for the wire to pass through the body, file the
sides of the pertronics wire "eye" to fit.  Won't
take much.
4) If you are going to change coils, read their
instructions about total resistance, or voltage drop
carefully, and remember - points type coils only.  I
had to use the resistor that came with the coil,
instead of the stock one, as the resistance was
incorrect.

It's a great device.  I hope the distributor is in
good shape.  Most could use some work on the weight
springs to bring the advance in faster, and 'suck'
on the hose to the distributor.  If you get air, you
need a new vacuum advance.  They are adjustable, and
should be set mechanically to the throw from the
original.  About 10 degrees advance.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

_/_/_/_/
                         _/
                    _/_/_/