RE: Brake Pads

To: "'johnc@nait.ab.ca'" <johnc@nait.ab.ca>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brake Pads
From: "Fraser, Ron" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 14:52:12 -0400
        I believe Doug Jennings at Tiger Auto in Dayton ,Ohio only sells the
240Z brake pads for Tigers.   The size and shape are nearly the same and
there are more brake compounds for the 240Z pad, from street pads to full
race pads.  I do not know what years apply for this brake pad.
        As with any new pad you put in, be sure the metal backer has room to
expand with heat and move freely in the caliper.   Sometimes the metal edge
is not cut clean and it needs to be ground down a little for clearance.
Your brakes could hang up if the metal backer expands and catches on the
caliper.   Hopefully this was not the reason for some of the recent brake
problems on the list.
Ron Fraser