Re: Car Show Comments - continued

To: RayKReese@aol.com, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Car Show Comments - continued
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 12:27:21 EDT
A comment I've heard around my area a number of times is the Tigers
performance at the local dragstrip.  Years ago there were two young guys with
a Tiger.  I believe one guy's father owned the local Sunbeam dealership.

They continually built up  the Tiger with nastier and nastier engines ending
up with a hopped up Boss 302.  I talked to one of the guys a few yrs. ago.
He said they had tubbed out the rear and installed slicks.  He said when the
hammer was dropped the torque twisted the car and the windshield flew out.
Needless to say, their bomb continually tore out rear-ends and blew engines.

Anyway, this is the Tiger that the locals remember and sort of assume that
all Tigers are as "hot" as that one.  So what I hear is, "Man those Togers
were hot at the dragstrip.   It took  a big block fuel injected Vet could
touch them."