Re: Seat Bolts

To: pwheeler@ix.netcom.com, tigers@autox.team.net, alpines@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seat Bolts
From: FRITZWICH@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 17:13:51 EDT
Patrick, T&A Listers...
Here's a Whizzz-Tip I picked several years ago for replacing the seat
retainer bolts in our cars.  I don't remember where the tip originated  but
it had something to do with the quick removal of aircraft seats.
Go down to your local hardware store and find the Clevis Pin Department.  Buy
4 of the appropriate length and diameter to fit (I have the measurements but
I'm not near my cars now). The clevis pin has several holes along its shank
and a flat head on one end like a nail.  I attached a split key ring in the
hole nearest the flat head to make a "pull".  Push the clevis pin through the
floor frame base and the hole on the seat frame.  Insert a hitch pin through
one of the holes on the clevis pin to secure it in place.
When the seats need to be removed.  Pull the hitch pins, then the clevis
pins.  The next think you know is your seat is out of the car.  Works like a
charm.
Happy 4th from WhizzzBANG Motors
...Rich