Tachometers

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tachometers
From: "Joe Hankins" <jhankins@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 19:52:08 -0400
I have not had a reliably-working tach since I got my tiger several years
ago.  I got it working at one point (intermittently and inaccurately), then
changed to a Pertronics ignition and lost it entirely.

I had all but given up, and then found the perfect solution.  I had an old
tach (it was a wreck) and  I sent it to margaret Lucas at MOMA along with a
new (modern) tach that I checked out to make sure it worked with my ignition
setup.  She mounted the new works in a new case with the old face and
needle, cleaned everything up and calibrated it. It works perfectly and
looks completely original. I have a complete original tach if I ever need
it, but for those of you who are more interested in an accurate, reliable
tach, I highly recommend this solution!

Joe