Re: Auction 2

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Auction 2
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:37:14 -0700

One more thing about the auction Tiger I forgot to mention.  The rear view
mirror is the larger flat one, not the convex one.  I do not know when
those changed or if there was any difference between Tigers and Alpine.  I
know my dad's '65 Tiger has the smaller convex one and my '67 Alpine has
the larger flat one.  Norman's book certainly notates the change over for
the Tiger.  And, who knows, mirrors get replaced.

Jay

P.S. I'm not trying to suggest this car is an Alger, despite past auctions.
Besides, who would bother to make an Alger and not put all the chrome
strips on?  Unless that is some subconscious admission of guilt by the
owner to the public of his actions.