Re: Surfing for Beamer stuff

To: c1967@email.com
Subject: Re: Surfing for Beamer stuff
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 1999 17:27:26 -0700
c1967@email.com wrote:

> Hello Fellow Listers!
> While waiting for my wife to finish her shopping, I spied the latest "British
>Cars" magazine. It features a comprison between a TR6, Austin Healy 300, and a
>Sunbeam MkII. Neat article and magazine.
> Scott
> MkI

Jay subscribes, so I got to read his sitting down..  Great pictures on the
cover and inside.  A page of comparative spec 'tombstones' and a whole lot of
travelogue on getting down the road to the
country.  Very pretty.  It was the testing that was interesting.  They only
used about one paragraph for it.  Each owner was shifted over to the other
guy's cars, and wrote his comparative opinion of
theirs vs. his.  Neat idea, if they are straight, and it sure looked like they
called it as they saw it.  Most thought the Tiger steering a bit heavy. Some
complaints about the seats on one car , the
driving position on the other, and the good view down the Healy's hood.  Nice
comparative info.  Good for a look at the pretty pictures and a quick read of
the "test" if you've got a short line in the
supermarket.  The pictures are nice, if you would like a set the magazine is
worth it for all the other good things in it.  Like the guy who bottoms up
restored an XK-120.  Almost like mine, but he
didn't have the M with the wire wheels.  Well, can't keep them all, if you want
the next great car and memory.
--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/