Redline Water Wetter

To: <c1967@email.com>
Subject: Redline Water Wetter
From: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 08:45:33 -0600
Scott Wrote:
Hello Listers:
While driving in the heat today my Tiger hit 210 degrees, the electric fan
came on and I got out of traffic and moved to cool the engine down. Going
back over the Vincent Tomas bridge cooled the car, but wasn't where I wanted
to be. I remember the Vette crowd talking about something called "Redline
Water Wetter" to cool C4 Vettes down. Added to the radiator, it is supposed
to transfer heat better and drop temperatures 15-20 degrees over regular
coolant. Anybody used this stuff before?  Does it work? Is it ok to use?
Scott
MKI

Scott and listers,
We used Redline watter wetter in our GT-1 car and it worked very well for us
mostly in preventing boil over by raising the boiling point but we also saw
a 5 degree reduction in engine temp. While i don't currently have a problem
with cooling if i do i will first try Water Wetter to try to get it solved
then i will move to more substantial corrections. In trying to solve our
cooling problem I found out a lot about cooling systems and air ducting and
how to get the car to run cool. Has anyone out there tried a bib under the
center of the rad to "pull" air through the rad? This is what they do on ALL
new cars, this is that flexy plastic thingy under your car that rubs on all
of the parking curbs when you pull too close. We did this on the GT-1 car
and reduced engine temp by 25 degrees (220 to 195). It works by creating
negative pressure behind the rad at moderate to high speed thereby sucking
air through and down under the engine. It prevents air from stacking under
the hood. Those that have had there hood pop open on the highway will know
what i mean. I am going to try it on mine if i can do it with out cutting
anything.
Regards,
Tim ronak
B382000680