Re: California - two plates versus one

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: California - two plates versus one
From: "Jay Laifman" <Jay_Laifman@countrywide.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 07:53:42 -0700

Allan wrote:
>This pertains to a current thread about license plates in California.  If
>you are not interested, now is the time to use your DELete key.....

Ditto.  Here is an interesting tidbit to Allan's encounter.  Apparently the
Oxnard police did the very same thing on July 4th at the Oxnard beach area
where there were fireworks.  Our local Ventura County edition of the LA
Times had an article July 6th (or so) talking about them giving tickets to
the parked cars for only having one license plate!

As an aside, I do not believe the notation of 'no visible VIN' was a
suggestion that something was wrong with that.  They are probably required
simply to write it down if it is visible, or note it is not visible.  I
seriously doubt there was any fine given for that.

Jay