Re: Maniford

To: mckinsey@texas.net
Subject: Re: Maniford
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 17:31:19 -0700
mckinsey@texas.net wrote:

> I am putting an SVO 302 engine in my Tiger II.  I would like to use an
> Edlebrock F4B manafold and a Holly 650 double pumper with center pivot
> floats; however, finding an Edlebrock F4B is virtually impossible.
>
> I called Edlebrock for a recommendation on a newer manifold -- one that had
> performance characteristics at least as good as the F4B with similar rise
> measurements so it would fit under the hood without modification.  To my
> great surprise, Edlebrock said they no longer had any data on the F4B; they
> claim to have lost it in the earthquake.

> Does anyone have any recommendations?  Will the Edlebrock Performer RPM
> 302, the one with 4.30" x 5.50" rise measurements, with a Holly 650 double
> pumper and an air filter fit under a Tiger hood?
>
> CHEERS,
>
> BILL

Well, they had them when I called, and they are practically the same.  Since you
are using a 302, I don't think a drive for originality is worth the pain.
Especially when there are better choices, now.

The Performer RPM is nearly identical to the F4B in height measurements.  It is
the modern F4B replacement, also available in clear powdercoat, and far better
in
flow and fuel distribution.

There are still F4B's around, if you look, and they cost about the same as a new
one, but you have to be awfully careful about corrosion of the thermostat
housing
area and adjacent water ports.

 In any event, the thread size on all but those specifically built for Tigers,
(including the new one) have a pipe thread for the temperature sensor.  No
amount
of adapters, different sensors, teflon tape, or any other mickeymouse solution
is
a good choice.  I had one heli-arc filled with aluminum (requires a cone cut to
allow surface and angle to work), and re-drilled and machined to the correct
size.

My two cents.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/