TT exhaust 4 sale & Restoration Blues

To: "'tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: TT exhaust 4 sale & Restoration Blues
From: "Waybright, Stephen" <Stephen.Waybright@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 14:09:15 -0500
   I bought the TT exhaust system from CAT but ended up having a custom set
bent up with larger diameter tubes due to the expected high output of the
new balanced and built to the hilt 302. If interested in buying the TT
exhaust, let me know.

  On a sadder note, I just pulled my Tiger from resto-shop #2. The first
collision/fledgling restoration shop did nothing for over 18 months except
to disassemble the car, thus making it that much more difficult to relocate
when I moved from NY to Texas. This drove me to look for a high end pro shop
to ensure steady progress. I found one where the finished cars literally
made my jaw drop, they were so gorgeous. However,  after failing time and
again to not work beyond a generous working balance (~$9k at a shot) before
reviewing progress with me, prioritizing work contrary to my direction of
"finish the body for painting as job #1" (I can do all the mechanical stuff
if I have to) and re-working ("fixing") a very expensive coil over rear
suspension without first consulting me or it's designer (Bruce Griggs), I
decided (much too late) to try to find shop #3. BTW, the body work has made
no progress since I reminded them of the priority about 5 months ago.

(Dale A., I'll send a video and list of what I've ended up with for a
ballpark estimate ASAP)

  I hesitate to share the name of this 2nd shop until I've been able to
inventory the parts returned and determined exactly what harm, if any,  has
been inflicted on the Griggs suspension or other areas they "fixed" for me.
But if you or anyone you know is considering on having a restoration done in
San Antonio by a shop who usually has a pretty wordy classified in Hemmings,
call me first for specific information worth considering in case it's the
same shop.

In need of restoration encouragement after this very disappointing fiasco
:(

Stephen Waybright
'65 tiger, '65 Alpine, '73 Jensen Healey, '74 Jensen Interceptor (for sale@
$11,500)