RE: inquiry 072899a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: inquiry 072899a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 14:07:39 -0400

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
larry.wright@usop.com (new)
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333

I wrote:
>       I got my new copy of Tiger Press last night. I really
> like the new format; the old half-size pages didn't, IMHO,
> leave adequate room for photos -- they always looked crowded.

        Gee guys, you didn't rise to the bait. I rather expected a rash
of running-to-the-mailbox, and "where's my copy" posts.
        Nope, it was a phantom issue. No feature article on the Garage
Queen, no historic racing coverage, and no repro scattershields. I'd
stopped bugging the very busy Mr. Miller about a year back with my "am I
still subscribed?" questions; he'll send out the next issue (#6? #7?)
if/when it's ready, I'm sure. The bit about the larger pages just
wishful thinking, as I'd expect it would dramatically change production
costs.
        I was surprised to get several messages asking what Tiger Press
even was. Hmmm. Try http://shell3.ba.best.com/~rootes1/mag1.htm for
details.
        Well, it seemed a good idea at the time. Just trying to lighten
up things I bit; I in particular needed it. In addition to ongoing
professional cr*p, I had a setback on the GQ in the wheel bearing
department. And a co-worker called me to say he'd seen public TV's
'Motorweek' piece on Tiger, I guess they're into re-runs now, just when
I'd finally forgotten about getting edited out of the aired version.