Polishing Stainless steel

To: <daniel@htg.net>
Subject: Polishing Stainless steel
From: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 1999 09:23:05 -0600
Daniel and listers,
To polish stainless steel i have used Jewelers rouge on a Bench grinder
fitted with a cotton polishing wheel. The rouge comes in 2 grits, Red
(coarse) and White (fine). The process is that you use the coarse to remove
all of the heavy damage by rubbing the coarse stick into the bench grinder
while it is spinning, only use a little. and then press the item you want to
polish into the pad while it is spinning. Repeat the process to finish with
the fine (White) stick after you clean the pad (washing works as it drys
quickly after you turn it on...but watch out for the spray). To keep it
looking nice after you are done polishing it i use a product called
Nevr-Dull made by Eagle One. This is a wadding polish and looks like a big
bat of cotton soaked in some magical fluid. You tear off a small piece and
polish the stuff on the car, try not to get it on the paint as it is mildly
abrasive and drys with a white residue that needs to be polished off. The
stuff kept stainless try on most of the vehicles I have owned looking new
for 10 to 12 years and this stuff does WONDERS to polished aluminum
surfaces. I used to use it on a set of Weld Racing Wheels on my old
Pro-Street car and they always looked New.
I hope that helps Daniel,
regards,
Tim Ronak
B382000680