Re: To Tight!!!!!

To: CVaught@hawaii.rr.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: To Tight!!!!!
From: FrizBMG@aol.com
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 05:29:33 EDT
In a message dated 8/20/99 3:15:15 AM, CVaught@hawaii.rr.com writes:

>Tonight I tried to trial fit my engine into my tiger just to see how much
>work it would be to cut the shield, not the car. I do not know which would
>be eaiser but just putting the engine in took three of us about four hours.
>That is not a job that I want to do again!! I ended up scratching the paint
>in the engine bay that I worked so hard on for so long (emeron black).
>did not even have the headers in place!!! The mods do not appear to
>extensive at this point but I am sure it will get more complicated as I
>go.
>Thanks for all the input on the shield vs. bell housings. I will try my
>best to save the car and still use the shield, just slightly modified.
>Chris

Hi Chris
 Doing an engine on a Tiger is NOT  a lot of fun,but it goes a lot easier if
you remove the front suspension(4 bolts,a brake line and the bolt that
secures the steering to the u-joint assby.The car is on fairly tall
jackstands and the engine raised  up thru the bottom.It is the ONLY WAY to
install headers and engine as a complete unit.Took myself and another person
45 minutes to do the actual installation.I used a variation of Mark Olsens
rope trick to re-install the front end.I couldnt imagine doind it any other
way.
Good luck
Tony