Re: carpet

To: "Tim Beloney" <65_s5v6@prontomail.com>, <alpines@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: carpet
From: "herbeam" <herbeam@cari.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 13:02:34 -0700
I bought auto carpet off a roll, some edging and made my own. You have to
dummy up a pattern first for the tunnel. I used heavy grade shelf paper and
laid it over the tunnel, cutting darts until it fit right. Then I cut out
the carpet from the pattern, sewed the darts and pieces and put the edging
on..(May require a commercial sewing machine!!)  My whole floorpan and
firewall are covered with heavy duty aluminum foil, shiny side towards heat
source and I used Rebond for cushioning and noise reduction.   Bob