Re: Help??

To: Chris Vaught <CVaught@hawaii.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Help??
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 21:39:31 -0700
At 03:19 PM 8/22/99 -1000, you wrote:
>I have taken my calipers off but I can not get them apart (the pistons).
>The rubbers are all gone and the are in rough shape.  I can not get the
>pistons out to rebuild them. I have tried to blow them out with air but it
>is no use. If any of you have an idea please drop me a line.
>Thanks
>Chris

Find a 3/8 - 24 grease fitting or make a threaded bushing to screw into the
3/8 fitting hole and reduce to a 1/4 - 28 to accept a zirc fitting.  Use
your grease gun to build pressure to blow the pistons out.  Be sure you
clamp the first one to break free with a good c-clamp so that you can apply
pressure to the other side untill it also breaks free.  Much safer than
using compressed  air,   ( no stored energy).

Tom