inquiry 082399d

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 082399d
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 08:23:38 -0400
Bill Cartus wrote:
>Subject: Bill & Ginger Update / Rootes Review

        That's great news, Bill; and thanks for keeping us all informed.
        Susan asks about her frequently. The 10th, about 2 weeks ago,
was the 2-year anniversary of Susan's accident (on a bicycle, not in a
car). The many messages of encouragement from the List members cheered
her significantly. Since then, she has recovered 99-3/4%; her face has
healed so you cannot tell she was ever so busted up as to be
unrecognizeable, although there's still a tiny bit of asphalt imbedded
in one cheek. Over my objections, she has even started cycling again.
BTW, the gummint this year repaved the infamous stretch of road and
added a bike lane (a little too late if you ask me!).
        I hope that you and Ginger experience the good fortune of a
complete recovery like Susan has enjoyed. I also applaud your courage in
pursuing another Tiger; in your shoes I'd probably start taking the bus.
And, yeah, scr*w originality, get the best tires you can -- even if the
type/size/condition of what you had didn't contribute to the accident.
        Counting Susan, Ginger, and Karen Foster, I think we've had
three 'incidents' in three years; let's hope that 2000 is not only
enjoyable, but safe for everyone in the Tiger community, especially the
ladies.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP