inquiry 090199c (2 items)

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 090199c (2 items)
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 07:34:03 -0400
Wayne Pierzga wrote:
>I would welcome some informed advice on the
>largest 13 inch tires which can be fit to the standard
>LAT wheels without interfering with the body of the car.

Wayne, I chickened out on the 215/50-13's and trimming the fender lips.
I have 205/60-13's and haven't scraped yet, although I used to on my old
185/70's with the wrong offset wheels. In retrospect, perhaps I should
have considered 205's on the front, 215's on the back.

and:
>I have installed the LAT valve covers on top of two (2)
>sets of extra thick cork valve cover gaskets.

You've already seen some of the pros & cons; the 1st thing that came to
mind when I read it was the possibility that you'd get it all into the
car, _then_ find out you'd have to drop the motor every time you wanted
to remove a valve cover. It really looks that tight back against the
firewall.

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP