Re: Exhaust

To: larry.p@erols.com
Subject: Re: Exhaust
From: JHef101@aol.com
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 17:26:40 EDT
Larry,
       I'm referring to the H pipe cracking at the welds doe to the exhaust
pulses not being synchronized and the H pipe makes the entire system too
ridgid. I had the same problem with a cross-over exhaust system on a Pitts
aerobatic aircraft that I built some years ago and traced it back to the same
cause. At any rate I don't think that the horsepower loss is significant
enough to justify going with an H pipe with it's inherent problems, if Cullen
is lurking maybe he can shed some light as he and I had this discussion about
2 years ago.

Jeff Hefner
B9470028