Brake Light Question

To: Alpines List <alpines@autox.team.net>, Tigers List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake Light Question
From: steve sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 1999 10:16:16 -0700
Hello Sunbeamers:
I've been driving my Series V Alpine for a few weeks now with no
problems, which is obviously way too long, and last night I discovered
my car again wants me to work on it. Turns out it has decided to not
flash its brake lights except if I push down on the pedal very hard.
Lighter brake pedal pressure does not cause the brake lights to go on.
Is this definitely a brake light switch problem? Any other things to
look at?

On the good side, my repair of my trunk lock and addition of the new
latch (the piece that comes down from the trunk lid) seems to have
solved my trunk popping open problem.

Steve Sage