Re: Radiator Hoses and Heater control

To: "Steve Laifman" <laifman@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Radiator Hoses and Heater control
From: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 07:43:04 -0600
Steve and listers,
I have been home for 2 days now and finally had time to solve the radiator
hose situation. While I recieved some excellent emails from several listers,
I found that not all of the numbers were available in Canada. Here are the
ones i used and the cross over numbers for those that may have a better
selection in the USA.
I also need the bracket that holds the Heater water control valve to the
support arm if any one has a spare.
For those interested it appears that in fact I will be moving to S.
California most Likly in the the Laguna Niguel or North San Diego County
area (Oceanside) with my Tiger (....and my Wife and son of course!). Things
are a little hectic as the INS department seems to have several very small
hoops to jump through before I can actually get there.

Upper Hose
I used Dayco 70627 and trimed about 5 inches off. It fit with no twisting
and was very easy to install. The only comment is that the notches in the
fan shroud do not line up with the hose any more and it looks kind of weird.
Other numbers:
Goodyear 60710
Gates 20626
Napa 7459
Sunbeam Specialties CS20

Lower Hose
I used a Dayco 70682 and it fit great with slight trimming.
Other numbers
Goodyear 61031 (60325 is obsolete)
Gates 20957
Napa 7746
Sunbeam Specialties CS21

Lower Expansion Tank
Dayco 71196 with some trimming. It did not have the double bend but is
formed and worked quite well.
Sunbeam Specialties CS22

Drivers side heater hose
Dayco 80395 I have not had time to complete the hose installations but hope
to soon. On close inspection it looks as though it will work very well as it
has a formed bend at one end to feep it tight to the firewall.
Sunbeam Specialties uses CS62 but it does not appear to be molded

Bypass hose
Dayco 70001

Heater shut off valve
SS reccomended that we use a 1975-1979 Honda civic valve. The prvious owner
installed something and lost the bracket that hold it to the support arm. If
any one has a spare bracket i could really use it.

Regards to all,
Tim Ronak