RE: inquiry 091399z

To: "'Theo Smit'" <TSmit@novatel.ca>,
Subject: RE: inquiry 091399z
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 16:22:24 -0400

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP
larry.wright@usop.com (new)
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333

Theo wrote:
> You can install brake calipers in any position, so long as
> the bleed screws (and
> the drill-holes they lead from) are at or near the top of the piston.

        Hey, here's a thought for our rocket-scientist friends: How does
one bleed hydraulics in space? Those air bubbles could be difficult to
get out.
        In the 24th century, with personal transportation ranging from
suborbital hoppers to long-range "space utilities" (even folks who don't
need those will buy them), the enthusiasts will want to upgrade their
classics with more modern features. Trans-C ftl drives, oxygen
regeneration systems, the whole works. And asteroidside repairs will be
inevitable. Oh yeah, you're under there with a flare nut wrench, calling
out to your wife "Up, down, up, down" and she calls back "there _ain't
no up or down here".
        Well, at least the cars won't rust up there.