Re: Hurricanes and Polish

To: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Subject: Re: Hurricanes and Polish
From: comorgan@juno.com
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 18:11:22 -0600

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 13:45:29 -0400
STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com writes:

I had planned to do some polishing on the aluminum wheels I finally
installed on the Tiger.  I was going to try a few different compounds
I've had
kicking >around the garage for years.

I don't want a mirror finish on the wheels, I just want to clean them
up a bit, even out the finish, etc.  There are both machined and rough
cast
portions visible.  It's probably been a couple years since these had been

touched, and when I bought them up, the had been sitting outside, covered
with
leaves, etc.  What's good these days for cleaning and polishing aluminum?

Stu,

I am not an expert on this;but, this year I bought some 60 vintage
aluminum wheels for my 63 F100.
I used WD 40 and very fine 000 steel wool.  Worked fine

Cliff   9471187

COMORGAN@JUNO.COM